Recent Shifts in State and Country Re-Entry Requirements
Global Entry Regulations Map: Interactive map outlining entry requirements by country. View Map.
- Brazil: authorities will require international arrivals to show proof of Covid-19 vaccination, impose 5-day quarantine for unvaccinated travelers.
- Canada: Government advises against international travel because of the Omicron variant
- United States: Effective December 2, 2021, all international travelers, including U.S. citizens entering the country are required to have a negative Covid test result within one day of traveling regardless of vaccination status.
- Due to the Omicron Variant, the following countries have added stricter entry requirements which include testing, potential banning of incoming flights or quarantine: Austria, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, U.K., Ukraine.
- Austria requires all unvaccinated individuals to remain in lockdown when the government lifts wider general lockdown on December 12, 2021.
- Czech Republic plans to ban unvaccinated people from hotels, restaurants as Covid-19 cases surge.
- Finland imposes mandatory pre-entry testing for non-E.U. nationals from December 21, 2021.
- France: New restrictions imposed on travelers from the U.K.; Covid-19 tests, 48-hour quarantine required as of December 18, 2021.
- Greece: Health authorities announce travelers can opt to show rapid antigen test or PCR test to enter the country.
- Israel adds Belgium, Denmark and the U.K. to its Covid-19 red lists of countries.
- Italy requires all travelers from E.U. countries to take Covid-19 test before departure from December 16 – January 31, 2022.
- Poland health authorities announce mandatory testing requirement for travelers from on-European Union countries from December 15, 2021.
- Romania introduces new travel restrictions, quarantine for unvaccinated travelers until January 8, 2022.
- Slovakia will ease Covid-19 lockdown on December 10, 2021 for vaccinated and recovered people.
- Sweden to introduce Covid-19 vaccination pass on December 1, 2021. Read More. (November 18, 2021)
- United Kingdom is imposing stricter entry requirements with testing before departure as well as after arrival. Read More. (December 4, 2021)
- Australia is allowing fully-vaccinated visa holders to enter country starting December 1, 2021.
- China is tightening travel restrictions in Beijing for visitors, reducing domestic flights in effort to curtail Covid-19 cases in advance of Olympic Games.
- Hong Kong bans non residents traveling from Japan, Portugal and Sweden due to Omicron variant.
- India will keep ban on scheduled international passenger flights until January 31, 2022.
- Japan to allow 5,000 entrants daily under eased Covid-19 restrictions. Read More. (November 17, 2021)
- Jordan will reimpose Covid-19 tests for all arrivals.
- Malaysia is requiring all travelers entering country will be required to take pre-departure Covid-19 test 48 hours before boarding flights.
- Vietnam government to resume regular international flights from January 1, 2022.
Middle East & Africa
- Ghana is tightening Covid-19 restrictions for international travelers from December 12, 2021.
- Morocco extends suspension of al regular international passenger flights until further notice.
- Nigeria: Government plans to ban arrivals from Argentina, Canada, Saudi Arabia and the U.K, from December 14, 2021, in reciprocity dispute.
TSA outlines expectations in cooperation with CDC guidelines for airport screening processes. For further details, Click Here. (January 11, 2022)
- American and British Airways to offer free Covid-19 tests to business travelers. Read More. (November 17, 2021)
- American launches new class of cabin service. Read More. (November 15, 2021)
Delta Air Lines
- Delta invests $1.2 Billion in Virgin Atlantic, Aeromexico and LATAM. Read More. (December 14, 2021)
- Delta makes changes to Basic Economy providing more flexibility while no longer offering loyalty miles for SkyMiles Members. Read More. (December 9, 2021)
- Delta extends its sustainability, committing to carbon neutral globally and recognizing Travel Incorporated to share it’s path. Watch the Video.
- Southwest Airlines brings more enhancements to business travelers and travel managers. Read More. (November 17, 2021)
International Civil Aviation Association (ICAO)’s interactive application provides a regional view of increase/decrease of aircraft departures over a 7 day period. Further detail by airport anywhere in the world to ensure clear guidance on airport closures or restrictions. Read More. (January 11, 2022)
Passports: White House signs executive order directing the State Department to make passports renewable online. Read More. (December 13, 2021)
- Industry Outlook and recovery strategies for business travel in 2022. Read More. (December 15, 2021)
- Omicron Variant: What Travelers Need to Know. Read More. (December 3, 2021)
- U.S. Updates Do Not Travel List, Level 4: CDC adds 5 European countries to the U.S. Level 4 risk category including Portugal, Lichtenstein, France, Cyprus and Andorra. For a complete list of all counties that fall within the Level 4 category of do not travel unless fully vaccinated, Click Here. (December 3, 2021)
- Omicron Variant: What vaccine makers are doing to fight the variant. Read More. (November 29, 2021)
- TSA Workers face vaccine mandate. Read More. (November 21, 2021)
- Private Jet options for corporate travel are becoming a potential alternative to counter Covid-19 concerns. Read More. (October 21, 2021)
Flight Schedule Updates
|Air Canada||Suspending flights between Halifax and Sydney, in Nova Scotia, from January 10, 2022.|
|American Airlines||Planning to reduce international flights next summer because of delays delivering new 787 Dreamliners.|
|Delta Air Lines||Ending flights from Wisconsin’s La Crosse Regional Airport to Cody, Colorado, Detroit, Grand Junction, Lincoln, Nebraska from Jan. 10.|
|Flair Airlines||Resuming flights in Saskatchewan’s Regina Airport.|
|Frontier Airlines||Resuming flights to Cozumel in March from Houston and Chicago, along with regional service.|
|JetBlue||Resuming non-stop red-eye flights between New York City and San Jose, California; also resuming flights between Massachusetts/Worcester Regional Airport and New York City in August and Ft. Lauderdale in October, London service to Heathrow on August 11 and Gatwick on September 29.|
|Southwest||Expanding Spring routes, including nearly two dozen daily flights out of Austin, Texas.||Read More|
|Spirit||Resuming flights in April to Dallas/Fort Worth, TX; Houston-Intercontinental, TX; Kansas City, MO; Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN.|
|United Airlines||Planning large transatlantic expansion for Spring 2022.||Read More|
|Aeroflot||Opening flights between Russia and Seychelles, travelers are required to have negative Covid-test.|
|Air France||Planning to nearly restore U.S. network by March 2022.|
|Air Serbia||Resuming flights to Brussels, Bucharest, Prague, Thessaloniki, Sofia and Tel Aviv from April, and increases flights between Belgrade and Paris and Rome from April 30 – September 26.|
|EasyJet||Canceling flights between Manchester and Scotland following Covid-19 travel ban.|
|Icelandair||Resuming flights between Denver and Reykjavik.|
|KLM||Planning to service Miami and Las Vegas beginning December.||Read More|
|Myanmar Airways||Resuming some international flights in July including Kuala Lumpur, Seoul, Bangkok and Dubai.|
|Philippine Airlines||Suspends flights to/from Guam after more countries added to ‘red list’.|
|Qantas||Resuming Sydney-London and Sydney-Los Angeles flights from November 14 following Australia’s lifting of international travel ban.|
|Singapore Airlines||Restarting its service between Houston and Singapore via Manchester, U.K. on December 1.|
|Thai Airlines||Cancels flights from Copenhagen to Phuket.|
|Middle East & Africa|
|Air Algerie||Resuming flights to France, Spain, Tunisia, Turkey, requiring negative PCR test.|
|Egypt Airlines||Resuming flights to/from South Africa on December 16.|
|El Al||Restoring flights from Israel to South Africa.|
|Etihad||Enhancing service to Cairo from New York and Chicago on November 30.|
|Pakistan International Airlines||Resuming direct flights to Toronto.|
- Hotel Cleaning procedures: Comprehensive listing by chain to assist you in planning for return to travel. Read More. (January 11, 2022)
- Hilton makes loyalty point expiration policy permanent. Earnings will remain intact for 24 months rather than 15 months. Read More. (December 15, 2021)
- Hospitality Executives expect business travel to ‘roar back’ in 2022. Read More. (November 17, 2021)
- Demand Spurs U.S. Hotel Forecast Boost with estimates of average daily rates normalizing in 2022, and full recovery by 2023. Read More. (November 8, 2021)
Ground Transportation Readiness
• Rental Car cleaning processes and loyalty status extensions: As more business travelers look to rental cars for regional travel, we have provided updates to the major rental car COVID 19 sites:
• Customer Satisfaction Drops with airport-based rental car companies in North America. Read More. (October 14, 2021)