Travel Consultant Trainee
Every day, our travel consultants provide Over The Top travel planning services for our business customers. This is a tremendous career opportunity for someone who loves to help others and takes pride in going the extra mile.
- Participates and completes on-line and classroom training for OTT (Over The Top) Customer Service, building a basic PNR GDS formats, managing queues, domestic fare components, car and hotel reservations, basic domestic exchanges, and Travel incorporated technology (e.g. scripts and agent assist).
- Uses training curriculum to provide OTT and book reservations for clients.
- Effectively communicates reservation details and fare rules to clients (verbal and written).
- Identifies and promotes preferred vendors.
- Meets agent trainee transaction and accuracy goals
- Meets OTT standards
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- Six months to one year of industry or customer service related experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Exceptional customer service, follow-up, attention to detail, multitasking, and listening skills.
- Excellent computer and software skills.
- Basic knowledge of world geography.
- GDS system experience or exposure a plus.
Hours / Training:
- TRAINING: Position will be part of a small training group of new agents that will train for approximately six weeks. Following formal training, new consultants will work closely with trainers and mentors.
- HOURS DURING TRAINING: Ability to work from 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Monday – Friday required.
- HOURS AFTER TRAINING: Ability to work a schedule that includes evening and weekend hours is required. Flexible scheduling (e.g. 4 ten-hour days) is possible depending on candidate and company needs.
Travel Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.