SQL Server DBA
We have an ideal opportunity for an experienced SQL Server DBA who is ready to use their technical expertise to the fullest extent. In addition to technical know-how, tis position requires awesome interpersonal, communication, project and leadership skills.
The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical MS SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server environment, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of the development teams. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Provide 24×7 support for critical production systems.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
- Test backups to ensure we can meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- As new systems are brought in-house, choose whether to use clustering, log shipping, mirroring, or other technologies
- Install and configure new SQL Servers
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Document the company’s database environment
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- 2+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- On-call troubleshooting experience with at least one production SQL Server for a year.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native or 3rdparty monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
- Tuning T-SQL queries to improve performance
- Failover clustering, SAN replication, and other high availability technologies
- SQL Server merge, peer to peer, or transactional replication
- Analysis Services, Integration Services, or Reporting Services
- Writing T-SQL from scratch, NETor C# code, or generally building anything from scratch
- Troubleshooting application logic or why numbers don’t add up in a report
Travel Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.