We are looking for a SQL developer who will assist with development across the entire Microsoft SQL stack (SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS). In this role you would be interfacing with a team of web developers, data analysts, and business users while under the direction of senior development staff.
- SQL Server database development: tables, stored procedures, indexes, views, etc.
- SSIS as well as non-standard ETL development (bcp, command line).
- SSRS development.
- Database performance analysis and optimization.
- Ad-hoc business requested data extractions.
- Intermediate to strong understanding of the MS SQL Server environment (5+ years of experience), specifically in regards to indexing (clustered, non-clustered, column store).
- Ability to create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development.
- Experience with aggregating large data sets, specifically within a data warehouse environment.
- Intermediate to strong understanding of execution plans and plan caching.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, including a proactive disposition towards identifying problems and providing solutions.
- Familiar with report development paradigms.
- Ability to complete development projects on time without day to day oversight of the code by the project leads.
- Must be able to review and optimize large pieces of SQL code.
- Must be able to work well within a skilled development team. Being able to provide and receive peer review.
- Familiar with MS SQL best practices involved with OLTP and data warehouse (OLAP) environments.
- SQL operational management (backups, maintenance plans, new server setup) experience a bonus.
- SSAS and PowerBI experience is a bonus.
- Experience with predictive analytics development using Python or R in SQL Server is a bonus.
- Microsoft SQL Server (2005-2016)
- Microsoft SQL Server Report Services (2008-2016)
- Microsoft SQL Server Integrated Services (2005-2016)
- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (2008-2016)
- SSMS/Visual Studio/SSDT (any versions)
- Redgate toolset (SQLPrompt, SQLSearch, SQL Source Control, etc.)
- Degree preferred or other computer/analytical related fields and/or 5+ years of related work experience. Ability to learn new software programs quickly.
Travel Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.